What is a website for an ordinary visitor who is not familiar with the development of Internet applications? The user sees before him the most ordinary text, the so-called content; it can be textual information, graphic elements, video, i.e. some files. And since these are files, it means that they have a certain amount and they need storage space, they must be constantly accessible to the user. To perform these tasks, there are computers with specialized software servers.
The Right Hosting
Hosting is a service for providing resources (disk space) for hosting your project on a server that resides on the global network. Companies providing storage services are usually called hosting providers or hosters. With the best colocation hosting services in singapore now you will be having the best supports.
- For hosting sites, as a rule, a very powerful computer (or even several computers) is used – a server on which special software is installed, to which a high-speed Internet channel is connected. This server works around the clock, so your online project will be available at any time of the day. Someone may assume that based on this information you can independently make a server for hosting, but, as you understand, it will cost you much more expensively and technically more difficult, because you need some knowledge of server administration than just purchasing hosting from your business professionals.
The main task of the hosting provider is to provide quality services for storing your Internet project on the server and to make sure that the site is always accessible to visitors. That is why you need to carefully approach the choice of hosting. Quality and reliable hosting plays a major role in the development of sites. After all, if the server stops cope with its main function, it may very badly affect your site:
- It will be unavailable to users or work slowly, which will leave not the best opinion about your project.
- Search engines will not be able to index the site, and consequently, this may have a bad effect on the promotion of your project in the global Internet.
There are several types of hosting
- Under the terms of service, we can distinguish paid and free hosting.
- Free hosting is a free service for placing a web resource or any other information on the Internet on servers of a hosting provider.
Free web hosting has several disadvantages. First of all, it is the unstable operation of servers, which leads to the fact that your site is not available for visits. The abilities of free hosting are greatly reduced compared to paid hosting, and therefore they are very slow in their work.
Many free hostings do not support the main technical characteristics that make the site modern and relevant. These companies usually do not provide technical support. Before choosing a hosting provider, you must ensure the reliability of the provider – look on the Internet for reviews on the work of hosting. If you are sure of the reliability and stability of the hosting provider, choose a hosting plan in accordance with the hardware and software requirements of your site.